Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Project Goals for This Year

This year I’m teaching a new grade so all of my notebooks that I created last year are now not helpful. So one of my individual goal this year is to start over and create notebooks for my new grade level. Last year my focus was using the SMARTboard on a daily basis in math. This year math is not a subject that I teach so my goal is changing. Another goal for this year will be to develop SMART lessons in Language Arts and Science. I have already started by using it on a daily basis with DOL sentences. My last goal for this year is to continue to blog not only on my school website for my parents, but also on Smart project blog too.


I feel that I have grown in many ways with my technology use. With every lesson that I plan now, I constantly ask the question, “How can I incorporate the use of SMARTboard into this lesson?” It is becoming increasingly easier to do this too.

In order to continue in my own professional development, I feel that it is important to continue to have our collaborative meetings where we can discuss what’s working and what isn’t and share websites and lessons. I feel it is important to continue to provide us with the PD day so that we can use it just to explore all the ways we can incorporate technology.

I plan on accomplishing these goals by using my PD day with other colleagues in the project. Last year I found that so helpful and useful. I also like that you are combining the first and second year participants together because we can use their expertise and look to them for guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment